RDP Audio on a Windows 2008 R2 server is enabled by performing the following
- Click Start, then Run and type MMC.EXE
- File –> Add/Remove Snap-In
- Add Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration
- Click OK.
- Click On RD Session Host Configuration: %computername%
- Double click on RDP-Tcp
- Click on the Client Settings tab and uncheck the Audio and video playback check box.
IMPORTANT: Remember, the options above are check marked IF YOU WISH TO DENY OR DISABLE THEM.
Read CAREFULLY before hitting apply or OK
If you want to increase the color depth, uncheck the Limit Maximum Color Depth checkbox as well.
Click Apply and OK
Make sure that the Windows Audio service is running and startup set to automatic.
Logoff your current session if you are remotely connected.